This afternoon, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern provided an update to the current traffic light settings for the Christmas and New Years’ period. Ardern announced that Auckland will be moving to traffic light setting orange from 11.59pm, Thursday 30th December, and all other areas that are currently in red will also move to orange, excluding Northland.
Remember that we have created some COVID-19 resources to help you manage COVID-19 at work, which are:
- COVID-19 Response Plan – a guide to navigate what to do when there is a suspected case of COVID-19 at work.
- COVID-19 Site Safety Plan for each traffic light setting to help identify how you and your workers will keep safe during each traffic light setting.
Here are five key steps we have recommended to help implement the COVID-19 Protection Framework:
- Complete a Vaccination Risk Assessment
- Determine if you require vaccinations to be made mandatory in your workplace
- Understand the Traffic Light setting for your region and put in place the correct controls for that setting. Remember if vaccination is not mandatory, then additional controls should be put in place.
- Complete a COVID-19 Site Safety Plan
- Communicate your COVID-19 Site Safety Plan and controls with all your contractors and workers
If you or your team need a reminder on what the latest COVID-19 symptoms are, check out the government guidance here.
The next update on these settings will be made by Ministers the week of January 17th. We hope that everyone stays safe over the Christmas period. Here are a few tips on how to stay COVID safe over the summer period.
Please note that our HazardCo communications are guidance as per the official Government, Ministry of Health, and WorkSafe New Zealand advice.
We’re here to support you, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with our advisory team if you would like further information on the Covid-19 restrictions and how they impact you. Give us a call on 0800 555 339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HazardCo Team