We know chatting to your team about health and safety isn’t the most exciting topic, however it is the most important! Health and safety is the responsibility of everyone on-site, so it’s important to get your team and subbies involved. Thankfully it’s easy to get started, simply scan in/out of site every day.
As the main builder on-site, one of the timesaving HazardCo tools at your fingertips is the site-specific QR code located on your HazardCo Hazard Board. Getting everyone to scan in and out every day benefits you because:
- Even if you’re not on-site you still know who is – and it’s all saved in your HazardCo Hub so you can check the site history whenever you need to. Being able to see who and what trades are on-site, not only for safety reasons but for productivity / matching timesheets.
- Anyone scanning in for the first time can complete a site induction where the worker is made aware of important site specific information such as emergency contacts and site safety rules.
- Gives workers quick and easy access to the Site Specific Safety Plan (SSSP) which covers important information around some key things like:
- Key hazards and control measures on-site
- Incident and emergency management
- On Project Plus sites, HazardCo’s Digital Site Noticeboard feature enables workers scanning in the ability to view site specific notices on their HazardCo App, where you can communicate any hazards or risks that may be present on-site.
- On Project Plus sites, anyone visiting your site can unlock full access to the HazardCo App.
- Simply scanning in gives people an important daily reminder to be aware of health and safety – and we all know the more we think and talk about safety , the more we look out for hazards and ways to control the risks on-site.
- Getting everyone’s participation shares the health and safety responsibility with everyone on-site.
- An important part of lone worker safety is being able to see when they are signed in and out of site, along with regular check ins.
- In the event of a serious incident or injury, knowing who is or was on site can assist with investigations and providing evidence.
If previously you’ve had subbies or team members who don’t use the QR code to scan in/out daily, here are a few ideas to get them using the QR code regularly:
- Use your next Toolbox Meeting to walk everyone through the process of scanning in and out using the QR code on your Hazard Boards, making sure the team has the HazardCo App downloaded and set up.
- If you need to use some incentive, you could shout the team pizza and a cold beverage on Friday afternoon if everyone scans in and out every day that week… it gets the team working together to remind each other.
- You could make it part of your contract with any new subbies, and add it to the employment agreement you have with your own team. Or, go a step further and require subbies to be HazardCo members in order to win contracts on your projects.
There are lots of good reasons to get everyone scanning that QR code so get your team on board with it today.