In case you missed this evening’s news, Prime Minister Jacinda Arden announced that as of 11:59pm this evening, New Zealand will move to Alert Level 4 for 3 days, and Auckland and the Coromandel Peninsula will stay in Alert Level 4 for an additional 4 days until Tuesday 24th August.
There are 23 locations of interest: 13 are in the Coromandel and 10 are in Auckland. A full list of locations of interest is here.
One of the biggest impacts is that non-essential businesses will close.
Essential businesses such as supermarkets, doctors, pharmacies, and service stations, will still be available and open at all alert levels. All non-essential businesses are to be closed until we receive further instruction from the Government.
Essential work is anything that is required to:
- Either support essential services and critical infrastructure
- Maintain Human Health and Safety at home or work
- Or involvement in any consenting work to support the above two needs
Tips for securely closing your worksite:
- Make sure the workplace is fenced/closed off from the public.
- Secure and stack all materials to prevent them from falling.
- Make sure you have signage to warn of any potential dangers.
- Make sure all boundaries are secure.
- Securely covered or fenced off any areas of excavation.
- Immobilise all mobile plant to prevent unauthorised use.
- All flammable or dangerous substances to be locked away in secure storage
You can refer to the Government website for more information here.
It’s important to us that you’re safe and understand the restrictions in place, so get in touch if you have any questions. If we can help to support you to keep your business operating safely, please call us on 0800 555 339.
The HazardCo team