HazardCo Australia Pty Ltd ACN 629 899 270 (‘HazardCo’, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’) owns and operates this Website. In this Policy, ‘Website’ means the websites located at www.hazardco.com and www.hub.hazardcoapp.com including all password protected areas and subdomains of such website and all related top-level domains, mobile sites, apps, applications, APIs and widgets
This Policy relates to personal information we handle about our own customers and clients, the customers of our clients, visitors to our Website and other members of the public.
Why do we collect personal information?
- We only collect personal information to the extent reasonably necessary to conduct our business with individuals and our clients.
- We may use your personal information and information you have supplied for purposes such as:
- to provide you with the goods or services you have requested;
- to perform authorised financial transactions with you and associated service providers;
- to operate our business, as it applies to you;
- to identify and register you as the Subscriber/End User of our Services and to provide better customer service to you and your personnel;
- to inform you from time to time about our products and services, including after you cease to be a subscriber or end user;
- to engage in advertising, marketing and promotional activities, including by sending you messages and other information that we consider may be of interest to you (including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting); and
- to protect our legal interests and fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
- We may also be privy to the personal information of individuals if such information is incorporated or included in files or data provided by our clients when they access and use our Services, although generally we do not monitor or use this information for our own purposes.
- In some circumstances, we may also collect ‘sensitive information’ about you. This could, for example, include details of your health after the filing of an emergency or incident report. We do not typically collect detailed sensitive information for our own purposes. The Australian Privacy Principles regulate the handling of sensitive information but may allow us to collect that information in some circumstances such as where you consent to us collecting it or it is reasonably necessary for the performance of our functions or activities.
How do we collect personal information?
- We collect personal information to the extent possible directly from the individuals to whom the information relates, and only if reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. We may collect this information in various ways, for instance, by email, via QR code, over the phone, in person or in other written forms. If you are a Subscriber, as part of the registration process, we will collect personal information from you, including your name, email address, address, telephone and credit or other banking details. If you use a Quick Reference Code (QR Code) to enter/exit/induct into a worksite, we will collect data about your location and movements linked to the site, via the device used to scan the QR Code.
- We use common information-gathering tools (including services through third-party applications) that may contain personal data from your computer or mobile device as you navigate our Website. We gather certain information automatically on connection with the use of our Website by individual users, for instance, your IP address, which is used to assist with diagnosis of problems with our services. Generally, information will be gathered in aggregate and cannot be traced to an individual user. In addition, we gather certain information automatically as part of your use of the cloud products and services associated with the Website.
How do we use and disclose your information?
- We use and disclose your personal information and the information you supply (for example, as a Subscriber) in ways necessary for us to do business together including to fulfil your orders, for product/licence registration, file activation, to conduct transactions and customer support and for secure access to our Website.
- Where our services are provided to you on a subscription basis, we may require every end-user of the subscription account to supply us with relevant personal details.
- If you are, or ever have been, a Subscriber or an End User, we may, subject to the Australian Privacy Principles, also use your personal information to contact you about software upgrades and new releases and/or to inform you of existing or new services and products relevant to your business, including special offers. A number of laws are in place to limit direct marketing activity and you may notify us at any time that you do not want to receive any marketing communications from us and we will comply with such requests.
- We may use personal information (such as name, email address, phone number and delivery address) and financial information (such as credit-card number and expiration date when paying by this method) to fulfil orders you place and to invoice you. Where our services are provided to you on a subscription-basis, we may use your personal information and financial information, as detailed above, to fulfil the payment of each new period until the subscription account is terminated.
- Registration of your details links the HazardCo service you have subscribed to, or product you have purchased, to your contact details, to enable us to provide support and advice. If documentation needs to be provided to you, we have all the delivery information necessary.
- Our End Users or Subscribers may also include some personal information relating to individuals in files to which we have incidental access, as those files are used in conjunction with our Services for the purposes of the End User or Subscriber’s business.
- We may for analytical purposes share aggregated data that contains no information specific to a particular individual or business, with select key customers or with our business partners.
Security of Personal Information
- We take all reasonable steps to protect personal information including external and internal security, restricting access to personal information, maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access and regularly reviewing our technology to maintain security.
When do we disclose personal information to third parties?
- We may provide your personal information to our related bodies corporate where necessary to carry out our business functions. We may also provide some personal information to service providers who assist us with legal, business consulting, banking, delivery, automated communications, or Website and IT services.
- We do not disclose personal information about individuals to our Subscribers/End Users other than:
- if those Subscribers/End Users have already provided it to us to incorporate into our Services for their own use;
- Data collected from the use of QR Codes by Subscribers and End Users scanning in and out of the worksite; and
- To confirm to existing Subscribers/End Users, when requested, the identity of other Subscribers/End Users for the purpose of pre-qualification for work (unless you notify us to withhold such information).
- We reserve the right to disclose your personal information when reasonably necessary to comply with the law, to facilitate court proceedings or to protect our rights.
- We are not likely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients and will not do so without your prior consent.
- We may use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to analyse trends, to track your navigation within our Website and to gather broad information. Our web servers may also send to your internet browser cookies that track navigation history and ensure that transactional pages work properly and contain only coded information that cannot be used by third parties to access your personal information.
Contact HazardCo about concerns, complaints, access or updates to personal information
- Attention: Privacy Officer
HazardCo Australia Pty Ltd
To the extent EU/UK data privacy laws apply to our processing of personal data when providing the service, we act as a processor for our customers and the data protection terms in our Website Terms and Conditions here shall apply.
Last updated: June 2022