On Saturday 21 August, regional Victoria entered lockdown. Here’s what it means for construction:
Construction restrictions in regional Victoria
- Construction remains open
- Everyone on-site must have a permit, certified by their employer
Small scale construction sites:
See the definition of small-scale construction site
- Limit movement between sites. Supervisors can move between sites and specialist contractors can move between up to three sites per week.
- Up to five people plus a supervisor on-site at any time.
- One worker per four m2 of enclosed workspace.
Early-stage residential land development sites:
See the definition of residential land development
- Up to 10 workers per hectare.
Maintenance on occupied homes can only continue if:
- It’s essential for the continued operation of essential infrastructure and services that are required for human health, safety, and wellbeing.
- Critical repairs to any premises where required for emergency or safety.
- Electricity, gas, water, sewage and waste and recycling services and their maintenance. This includes services to ensure solar or battery supply at off-grid premises.
- Workers must avoid contact with residents.
- If the work is performed solo and outdoors, non essential repairs, maintenance, installations and other building works can continue.
Note, an apartment is only considered unoccupied where all apartments in the building are empty.
Maintenance on unoccupied homes:
If the home is unoccupied then renovations can continue, following the rules for small scale construction restrictions.
Plus, these rules continue to be in place:
- Face masks continue to be mandatory both inside and outside.
- Minimise car-pooling to and from work, except in limited circumstances.
- Remember, you must have a COVIDSafe plan in place, you can access the template here and must use the Victorian government QR code to scan in and out of site.
- Maximise ventilation wherever possible, such as opening windows and doors.
- Clean high-touch services twice a day.
- If you become aware of a known case of covid-19 at your workplace, give us a call and we will walk you through the next steps.
We’re here to support you, so don’t hesitate to get in touch for a chat if you have any questions or concerns. Give us a call on 1800 954 702 or email email@example.com.