Health and safety is the responsibility of everyone on-site, so it’s important to get your team and your contractors involved.
As the main builder on-site, one of the timesaving HazardCo tools at your fingertips is the site-specific QR code located on your HazardCo Hazard Board. Getting everyone to scan in and out every day benefits you because:
– You’ll be able to see who is on-site in real time. Scan in and out data is saved in your HazardCo Hub so you can check the site history whenever you need to.
– Workers scanning in for the first time will be taken through a site induction and will be made aware of important information such as emergency contacts and site safety rules.
– Workers will be able to complete on-site reports such as online RAMS using the HazardCo App. Reports are guided and easy to use.
– It gives workers a daily reminder to be aware of health and safety.
Here are a few ideas to encourage everyone to scan in and out each day:
– Use your next Toolbox Meeting to walk everyone through the process of scanning in and out using the QR code on your Hazard Boards, making sure the team has the HazardCo App downloaded and set up.
– If you need to use some incentive, you could shout the team pizza and a cold beverage on Friday afternoon if everyone scans in and out every day that week… it gets the team working together to remind each other.
– You could make it part of your contract with any new contractors, and add it to the employment agreement you have with your own team.
There are lots of good reasons to get everyone scanning that QR code so get your team on board with it today.