Update on COVID Alert Levels
In case you missed this afternoon’s news, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced that as of 11:59pm tonight, Auckland will be moving down to Alert Level 2, and the rest of the country will be moving to Alert Level 1, and this will be reviewed again on Monday 22nd February.
Restrictions will ease, but you still need to make sure the basics are in place and maintained. What this means:
- Hygiene – Wash your hands, and sneeze into your elbow.
- Inductions – Make sure anyone new to the workplace is aware of the safety protocols.
- Health checks – Ask the questions to make sure everyone is feeling well before they start work.
- Contact tracing – Use the QR code and HazardCo App to record people’s movements.
- Physical distance – 1 metre in controlled environments. 2 metres in uncontrolled environments.
You can find out more about Alert Level 2 restrictions on the Government website here.
If you are outside of Auckland
Most aspects of work-life will go back to business as usual, but once again the basics remain the same.
You can refer to the 10 golden rules:
- If you’re sick, stay home.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and get a COVID-19 test.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and disinfect high-touch surfaces.
- If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so asap.
- If you’re concerned about your health or wellbeing speak to your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help with contact tracing.
- Businesses are required to help people keep track of their movements by displaying a QR Code for contact tracing.
- Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. Be prepared to act fast in the event of a move up in Alert Levels.
- Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.
We’ll continue to update you on any changes when we know more, so stay tuned for more information following Monday’s announcement.
You can find out more about Alert Level 1 restrictions on the Government website here
If we can help to support you to keep your business operating safely, please call us on 0800 555 339.
The HazardCo team