Traffic light settings are announced for each region
This afternoon, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced the new traffic light settings for each region in New Zealand, and what life will look like when we move to the traffic light system this Friday, 3rd December.
Here is a breakdown of which level each district will be moving to from 11:59pm Thursday 2nd December:
RED: Northland, Auckland, Taupō and Rotorua Lakes Districts, Kawerau, Whakatane, Ōpōtiki Districts, Gisborne District, Wairoa District, Rangitikei, Whanganui and Ruapehu Districts will move in at red.
ORANGE: The rest of the North Island and all of the South Island will move in at orange.
The key difference between Alert Levels and the Traffic Light system is businesses are able to operate at all levels. However, additional controls will be a key element for those businesses where vaccinations are not mandatory.
We have created a COVID-19 Site Safety Plan to help identify how you and your workers will keep safe during each traffic light setting. You can view and complete these below:
We have also broken down the Vaccination Risk Assessment to identify whether a role, business unit, business, or worksite should be fully vaccinated.
- We suggest you complete a Role-Based Risk Assessment for each of your roles to determine if your roles require vaccinated workers.
- A Business Risk Assessment is a useful tool to determine if the work you undertake or clients you work with require all workers to be vaccinated.
- A Worksite Risk Assessment can be used to determine if your specific worksite / client requires vaccinated workers only. This can be useful for situations where your workers/contractors do not normally require vaccination but only on a site-specific basis.
Don’t worry if you have already completed a Vaccination Risk Assessment, you don’t need to do another, we have just updated our documentation with the changing guidance from the government and industry leaders. You may still find the Worksite Risk Assessment useful if you have determined that your workers do not require vaccination.
Here are five key steps we recommend you do to help start implementing the new COVID-19 Protection Framework
- Complete a Vaccination Risk Assessment
- Determine if you require vaccinations to be made mandatory in your workplace
- Understand the Traffic Light setting for your region and put in place the correct controls for that setting. Remember if vaccination is not mandatory, then additional controls should be put in place.
- Complete a COVID-19 Site Safety Plan
- Communicate your COVID-19 Site Safety Plan and controls with all your subbies and workers
Guidance was released late last week from CHASNZ. These protocols are to help as we move between settings and are expected to develop and evolve as requirements change. You can view these here.
Cabinet will review settings and provide an update on Monday, December 13th. The next update by Ministers will be on Monday, January 17, and will continue on a fortnightly basis.
Please note that our HazardCo communications are guidance as per the official Government, Ministry of Health, and WorkSafe New Zealand advice.
We’re here to support you, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with our advisory team if you would like further information on the Covid-19 restrictions and how they impact you. Give us a call on 0800 555 339 or email email@example.com.