This afternoon, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced that New Zealand will move to Phase Two of the Omicron response from 11:59pm tomorrow, Tuesday 15th February. You can view the three phased public health response here.
There is no change to the traffic light settings, and businesses remain open.
Phase Two – Slow the spread and protect vulnerable communities.
At each of the three phases to the Omicron response, there are different requirements for businesses, including testing and how long cases need to isolate.
At Phase Two
- anyone with symptoms must isolate and get a test
- cases need to isolate for 10 days
- close contacts need to isolate for seven days (with a test on day five).
If a close contact is vaccinated and asymptomatic, they may be able to continue to work:
- as a ‘bubble of one’, if they are not customer facing and follow strict health protocols
- through the Close Contact Exemption Scheme, if they work for a critical service.
Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT) information
- Question and answers for small businesses on rapid antigen testing
- Protocols for general staff management following a positive RAT
- Rapid Antigen Testing requirements and processes
- COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Steps
- Government general information about Rapid Antigen Testing
To assist with this three phase approach, it is recommended to get your booster shot, wear a mask, follow basic hygiene rules and reduce contact as much as is practical.
Living with COVID Resource
This resource provides a mix of resources, guidance, and stand-alone posters for businesses to use as we live with COVID in our workplaces in 2022 and beyond.
Get your Vaccine Booster shot
Learn about booster doses for COVID-19 vaccines, when you need one and how to get it on the government website here.
HazardCo COVID-19 Protection Framework Resources
If you haven’t completed a Red COVID-19 Safety Plan yet we recommend you do. The team at HazardCo has put together this HazardCo resource, which includes resources for the traffic light system, Vaccination Risk Assessments, COVID-19 Safety Plans, and suspected COVID-19 Response Guide.
For further information relevant to your industry, this government website provides some in-depth business information to assist you.
We are also here to support you, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with our advisory team if you would like further information on the Covid-19 restrictions and how they impact you. Give us a call on 0800 555 339 or email email@example.com.
Please note that our HazardCo communications are guidance as per the official Government, Ministry of Health, and WorkSafe New Zealand advice.
The HazardCo Team