New Zealand is moving down Alert Levels
Today, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced that Auckland will move down to Alert level 2 arrangements, and the rest of the country will move down to Alert Level 1 from 6am Sunday 7th March.
What does Alert Level 2 look like?
- Key public health measures still apply. Wash your hands, sneeze into your elbow, and stay home if you’re sick
- Clean high-touch areas regularly with disinfectant.
- Contact tracing must be in place to record everyone you interact with at your workplace
- Physical distance of 1 metre between those you work with
- Physical distance of 2 meters for strangers – courier drivers, delivery drivers etc
Just remember to follow the 10 golden rules:
- If you’re sick, stay home.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and get a COVID-19 test.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and disinfect high-touch surfaces.
- If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so asap.
- If you’re concerned about your health or wellbeing speak to your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help with contact tracing.
- Businesses should help people keep track of their movements by displaying a QR Code for contact tracing.
- Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. Be prepared to act fast in the event of a move up in Alert Levels.
- Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.
It is a legal requirement for all businesses to display the official Government QR code for the NZ COVID Tracer App at your site. The official COVID QR code is used for contact tracing purposes and to receive health alerts for each of your sites. You can create your Government QR code by clicking here.
You should still be using the HazardCo QR code for your health and safety contactless inductions.
You can refer back to the Government website for more information here.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about working through Alert Levels, give our friendly team here at HazardCo a call on 0800 555 339.
The HazardCo team