MPI registrations for essential businesses
Throughout the week the HazardCo teams have been answering your questions around the MPI registration for essential businesses. It’s become known that MPI are now starting to follow up on registrations in the form of email, phone calls, and in some cases, with a site visit.
MPI will generally advise of visits on the day, so if you have any specific PPE requirements, you can let them know before they arrive, however in some cases you may not always get a heads up before they arrive.
What happens on a visit from MPI?
MPI are following a number of steps as part of the site visits. Here’s what you need to know:
- Verifiers will always carry MPI identification
- They will follow physical distancing and proper hygiene processes
- They will ask questions relating to your registration
- Ask to see how you are putting your plans into place
- Discuss any issues they may have
- They may request a follow up visit
Am I an essential service?
Not sure if you’re an essential business? The MPI registration form for essential services has now closed, however the HazardCo team are happy to help with any queries you may have, or you can contact MPI on 0800 00 83 33 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Guidelines for essential businesses
We recently published a blog with the best practice guidelines for essential businesses. If you missed it, click here to find out more.