This afternoon, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced that New Zealand will be moving down alert levels to Alert Level 3 from 11:59pm Tuesday 31st August. Auckland and Northland will remain in level 4, likely for a further two weeks. Cabinet will review this, and we will provide an update when we know more.
Who can open
At Alert Level 3, everyone should work from home if they can. Businesses that require close physical contact cannot open.
All other businesses can operate, but with restrictions. This includes physical distancing, having extra hygiene measures and contactless options for ordering, pick-up, delivery and payment. If your business does not have measures in place to operate safely, then you should close.
What does Alert Level 3 look like?
- Display the NZ COVID Tracer app QR code at points of entry
- All people must sign in and sign out when they arrive and leave
- Maintain physical distance guidelines
- Wear a facemask or face covering – these are strongly recommended at all times you are outside your home
- Limit interaction between groups of workers, for example stagger meal breaks
- Avoid sharing items and disinfect surfaces between use including, PPE, tools and machinery
- Ensure everyone continues maintaining high hygiene standards including thoroughly washing hands
You can still purchase our ‘stop the spread’ COVID board to remind people about safe working, as well as the HazardCo hand sanitation stations (please note: stock is limited).
Remember to have your NZ COVID Tracer app QR code displayed at your workplace entrance or on your work vehicle. To order a poster or reprint one, click here.