This afternoon, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced that the country outside of Auckland will move down alert levels to Alert Level 2 from 11:59pm tomorrow, Tuesday 7th of September. Auckland will remain at Alert Level 4 for at least another week, where this will be reviewed again next Monday, the 13th of September.
What does Alert Level 2 look like?
- Key public health measures still apply. Wash your hands, sneeze into your elbow, and stay home if you’re sick
- Clean high-touch areas regularly with disinfectant.
- Remember to have your NZ COVID Tracer app QR code displayed at your workplace entrance or on your work vehicle. To order a poster or reprint one, click here. You must also legally have an alternative system for those that do not have access to the NZ COVID Tracer App, you can print yours here.
- Physical distance of 1 metre between those you work with
- Physical distance of 2 meters for strangers – courier drivers, delivery drivers etc
If in doubt, refer to the golden rules for businesses at Alert Level 2:
- All businesses can operate if they can do so safely.
- Talk with your workers about how you will keep them and others safe from exposure to COVID-19.
- Ask everyone – workers, contractors, and customers – with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay away from your premises.
- Keep workers 1 metre apart and customers in retail businesses 2 metres apart.
- Keep groups of customers at least 1 metre apart, or 2 metres for retail businesses.
- Businesses are legally required to display a QR code and provide an alternative contact tracing system.
- We recommend workers wear a face covering if they are in close contact with others.
- Reduce the number of shared surfaces, and regularly disinfect them.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Follow all other health and safety obligations.
Remember ventilation makes such a huge difference to how infectious a Covid case is to others.
CHASNZ, Business Leaders Safety Forum and Green Cross Health have been working on a way for small/medium businesses in the construction industry to access group booking for vaccinations.
Green Cross Health (Unichem & Life Pharmacy) has arranged for over 60 of their pharmacies across the country to take on group bookings for our industry. These pharmacies are very happy to support your workers accessing a vaccine where they have availability in your area. If you are interested in organising a group booking please contact email@example.com and they will provide you with the Pharmacy details closest to your location.
COVID-19 Vaccinations for construction workers in Auckland
Any construction workers located in the Auckland region who may be required to work during Alert Level 3 and 4 can now book their workers for priority COVID-19 vaccinations. For information about visit CHASNZ.
At Alert Level 2, you are required to wear a face-covering when you cannot maintain physical distance from others, e.g in crowded indoor places. You are legally required to wear a face-covering when accessing essential services, health services, on public transport, or on a flight.
Traveling between Alert Levels
From 11.59pm on Thursday, the Ministry of Health will be implementing surveillance testing for those crossing the Auckland border for essential work. This won’t be a cost for businesses or workers. Workers will be expected to have had a test in the last 7 days and must show proof of it. For information about the Auckland boundary please view the boundary map.
HazardCo COVID-19 Task Analysis
Ensure you complete a Level 2 TA (you can use this as your COVID-19 Plan) make sure you share it with your team before turning up to site.
For more information, check out CHASNZ COVID-19 Tools and Resources.
Ordered any HazardCo products since the 17th of August?
If you’ve ordered any product from us over the last few weeks, the courier may have stored it at their distribution center. They will re-deliver once we move to Alert Level 2. If you need this urgently, please call the support team to organise redirection.
It’s important to us that you’re healthy and safe during this time, so get in touch if you’d like to chat, you can give us a call on 0800 555 339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HazardCo team