This afternoon, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced that at this stage, Auckland will remain at Alert Level 4 for an additional 2 weeks, until 11:59pm Tuesday 14th of September, and the country south of Auckland will move to Alert Level 3 from tomorrow, 11:59pm Tuesday 31st. This will be reviewed again in a week’s time.
Providing wastewater testing comes back clear tomorrow, Northland will join the rest of the country at Alert Level 3 from 11:59 pm Thursday 2nd of September.
During the press conference, the Prime Minister mentioned that you can return to your business before Wednesday if you need to prep your workplace. Please remember to follow the Alert 4 guidelines if you need to carry this out.
Business travel to cross an alert level 3 & 4 boundary
You should stay home, unless it is essential to do otherwise.
Business or work travel across Alert Level 4 and Alert Level 3 boundaries is strictly limited. You may only travel across the Alert Level 4 and Alert Level 3 boundary if that travel is permitted. The following reasons for business or work travel are permitted
Golden rules for business at Alert Level 3
- If your business requires close physical contact it cannot operate.
- We recommend your staff work from home if they can.
- Remember to have your NZ COVID Tracer app QR code displayed at your workplace entrance or on your work vehicle. To order a poster or reprint one, click here.
- Customers cannot come onto your premises — unless you are a supermarket, dairy, butcher, fishmonger, greengrocer, petrol station, pharmacy, or permitted health service.
- Your business legally must be contactless. Your customers can pay online, over the phone or in a contactless way. Delivery or pick-up legally must also be contactless.
- Basic hygiene measures legally must be maintained. Physical distancing, hand washing and regularly cleaning surfaces. Workers legally must stay home if they are sick.
- Staff legally must remain a minimum of 1 metre apart at all times where practical.
- Other measures, such as personal protective equipment (PPE) including face coverings, we recommend being used where appropriate.
For a more in-depth look at Alert Level 3, download our poster below:
You can still purchase our ‘stop the spread’ COVID board to remind people about safe working, as well as the HazardCo hand sanitation stations (please note: stock is limited).
It’s important to us that you’re healthy and safe during this time, so get in touch if you’d like to chat, you can give us a call on 0800 555 339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.