This afternoon, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced that Auckland, Waikato and Northland will remain at Alert Level 3. Waikato and Northland will stay at Alert Level 3 until 11:59pm Thursday 14th of October and Auckland will stay at Alert Level 3 for at least another week. The rest of the country will remain at Alert Level 2, and this will continue to be reviewed by Cabinet on a weekly basis.
The government announced last week that they will be taking a three-step ‘roadmap’ out of lockdown restrictions for Auckland, and this will continue to be monitored on a weekly basis. You can find out more about the government’s 3-step plan to keep Aucklanders safe and easing restrictions here.
An alert level boundary map has now been published on the Covid-19 website. The interactive map allows people to search addresses to find out if they are within the boundary. There is also guidance for boundaries along a road and dividing a property.
For information on vaccinations and how to find a vaccination location near you, check out these resources:
If you are located in Auckland,Waikato, or Northland:
If in doubt, refer to the golden rules for businesses at Alert Level 3
- If your business requires close physical contact it cannot operate.
- We recommend your staff work from home if they can.
- Remember to have your NZ COVID Tracer app QR code displayed at your workplace entrance or on your work vehicle. To order a poster or reprint one, click here.
- Your business legally must be contactless. Your customers can pay online, over the phone or in a contactless way. Delivery or pick-up legally must also be contactless.
- Other measures, such as personal protective equipment (PPE) including face coverings, are highly recommended to be used where appropriate.
- Basic hygiene measures should be maintained. Physical distancing, hand washing and regularly cleaning surfaces. Workers must stay home if they are sick.
- Staff must remain a minimum of 1 metre apart at all times where practical.
If you are located in the rest of the country:
If in doubt, refer to the golden rules for businesses at Alert Level 2
- All businesses can operate if they can do so safely.
- Talk with your workers about how you will keep them and others safe from exposure to COVID-19.
- Ask everyone — workers, contractors and customers — with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay away from your premises.
- Keep workers 1 metre apart and customers in retail businesses 2 metres apart.
- Businesses are legally required to display a QR code and provide an alternative contact tracing system.
- We recommend workers wear a face covering if they are in close contact with others.
- Reduce the number of shared surfaces, and regularly disinfect them.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Follow all other health and safety obligations
You can refer to our COVID News page on our website for additional resources and a more in-depth look at operating at Alert Levels.
During this time, you may be looking for new or additional ways to help you feel mentally well and get through. If you or those around you are concerned about how you’re feeling or your wellbeing, there is information and tools available to help you, for more information click here.
We’re here to support you, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with our advisory team if you would like further information on the Covid-19 restrictions and how they impact you. Give us a call on 0800 555 339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HazardCo Team