Auckland moving to Alert Level 3 – other industries
This afternoon, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced that Auckland will be moving down alert levels to Alert Level 3 from 11:59pm tomorrow, Tuesday 21st of September for at least two weeks, to be reviewed again on Monday the 4th of October and the rest of the country will remain at Alert Level 2.
People who live or work in the area of Whakatiwai north of SH2 will be ordered to stay at home and monitor for symptoms until Friday
Who can open
At Alert Level 3, everyone should work from home if they can. Businesses that require close physical contact cannot open.
All other businesses can operate, but with restrictions. This includes physical distancing, having extra hygiene measures and contactless options for ordering, pick-up, delivery and payment. If your business does not have measures in place to operate safely, then you should close.
What does Alert Level 3 look like?
- Display the NZ COVID Tracer app QR code at points of entry and ensure everyone scans it
- All people must sign in when they arrive, use our Stop the Spread Induction Poster to assist with this
- Wear a facemask or face covering – these are strongly recommended at all times you are outside your home
- Maintain physical distance guidelines
- Limit interaction between groups of workers, for example stagger meal breaks
- Avoid sharing items and disinfect surfaces between use including, PPE, tools and machinery
- Ensure everyone continues maintaining high hygiene standards including thoroughly washing hands
Remember to have your NZ COVID Tracer app QR code displayed at your workplace entrance or on your work vehicle. To order a poster or reprint one, click here.
We know this isn’t easy, but it’s great to see you forging ahead, making the necessary adjustments and doing what you need to do to keep your crew safe. Keep up the good work.
We’re here to support you, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with our advisory team if you would like further information on the Covid-19 restrictions and how they impact you. Give us a call on 0800 555 339 or email email@example.com.
The HazardCo Team