This afternoon, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced that Auckland will be moving down alert levels to Alert Level 3 from 11:59pm tomorrow, Tuesday 21st of September for at least two weeks, to be reviewed again on Monday the 4th of October and the rest of the country will remain at Alert Level 2.
People who live or work in the area of Whakatiwai north of SH2 will be ordered to stay at home and monitor for symptoms until Friday.
If you are located in Auckland
We want to make sure that you have everything you need to work safely in a COVID-19 world. With this in mind, ensure you complete a Level 3 Task Analysis (you can use this as your COVID-19 Plan) and make sure you share it with your team before turning up to site.
At Alert Level 3, everyone should work from home if they can. Construction can operate, but with restrictions. This includes physical distancing, having extra hygiene measures and contactless options for ordering, pick-up, delivery and payment. If your business does not have measures in place to operate safely, then you should close.
What does Alert Level 3 look like on construction sites?
You need to:
- Remember to have your NZ COVID Tracer app QR code displayed at your workplace entrance or on your work vehicle. To order a poster or reprint one, click here.
- Make sure everyone signs in and signs out when they arrive and leave site using the HazardCo QR code. Maintain physical distance guidelines, which is 2 metres unless you regularly work together and can create a work bubble that requires a 1 metre distance
- Wear a facemask or face covering, these are strongly recommended at all times you are outside your home
- Ensure you complete a Level 3 TA (you can use this as your COVID-19 Plan) make sure you share it with your team before turning up to site
- Coordinate works to ensure, unless unavoidable, that only one trade is operating on a single site at any given time
- Limit interaction between groups of workers, for example, stagger meal breaks between these groups
- Avoid sharing items and disinfect surfaces between use, including tools and machinery
- Ensure everyone continues maintaining high hygiene standards including thoroughly washing hands, it’s a good idea to have a hand sanitising station at your worksite or in your vehicle
For a more in-depth look at Alert Level 3, download our poster below:
You can still purchase our ‘stop the spread’ COVID board to remind people about safe working, as well as the HazardCo hand sanitation stations (please note: stock is limited).
As more information becomes available we will continue to keep you updated on how this affects you and our construction industry. You can refer to CHASNZ COVID-19 H&S protocols for New Zealand residential construction sites here.
We know this isn’t easy, but it’s great to see you forging ahead, making the necessary adjustments and doing what you need to do to keep your crew safe. Keep up the good work.
We’re here to support you, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with our advisory team if you would like further information on the Covid-19 restrictions and how they impact you. Give us a call on 0800 555 339 or email email@example.com.
The HazardCo Team