Auckland is moving down to Alert Level 1
In case you missed this afternoon’s news, Prime Minister Jacinda Arden announced that as of 11:59pm tonight, Auckland will be joining the rest of the country by moving to Alert Level 1.
Things are getting even closer to normal as Auckland joins the rest of the country, moving down to Alert Level 1 from midnight tonight. The basics still remain the same and you can refer to the 10 golden rules:
- If you’re sick, stay home.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and get a COVID-19 test.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and disinfect high-touch surfaces.
- If health authorities tell you to self-isolate, you must do so asap.
- If you’re concerned about your health or wellbeing speak to your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help with contact tracing.
- Businesses are required to help people keep track of their movements by displaying a QR Code for contact tracing.
- Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. Be prepared to act fast in the event of a move up in Alert Levels.
- Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.
Also remember that in Alert Level 1, face masks must be worn on all public transport and domestic flights throughout New Zealand.
We’ll continue to update you on any changes when we know more.
You can find out more about Alert Level 1 restrictions on the government website here
If we can help to support you to keep your business operating safely, please call us on 0800 555 339.
The HazardCo team