Victoria lockdown easing – what it means for construction
Covid-19 restrictions eased on 27th July at 11:59pm. Building and construction is considered an essential service and continues to remain open for business.
Information for all of Victoria :
- The 5 reasons to leave home will no longer apply
- No longer required to remain within 5km of your home
- Face Masks are required to be worn both indoors and outdoors unless you are working alone or have an exemption.
- Scanning the Victorian Government QR code and having an up-to-date Covid Safe Plan is still mandatory. Remember to scan in using the Service Victoria App for contact tracing purposes and the HazardCo App for your worksite health and safety needs.
- Construction / renovation and maintenance of homes is allowed under the following conditions –
- Wear a face mask at all times (if home occupied)
- Use all available contract tracing methods
- Comply with the site cleaning requirements
- Maintain social distancing where practical.
- can continue if the premise is a new build or is unoccupied.
For any further detail regarding the construction sector please refer to the Victorian Government website – Covid Construction FAQ’s
It’s important to us that you’re safe and understand the restrictions in place, so get in touch if you’d like to chat, you can give us a call on 1800 954 702 or email email@example.com.