NSW: Restrictions for working on construction sites
From Monday 12.01am on 19th July, work on construction sites in Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour, is not to be carried out unless the work is urgently required.
You may conduct urgently required work such as:
- to ensure the safety or security of the construction site
- to deal with environmental risks
- to maintain critical plant or equipment that would otherwise deteriorate
- to receive deliveries of supplies that would otherwise deteriorate
- to maintain public utilities
- to ensure the safe operation of existing transport infrastructure
- by or on behalf of NSW Health in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- because of an emergency.
View the NSW government website for more information https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/greater-sydney#pause-on-construction-activity
If going on-site to conduct urgently required work, you must sign in using the Service NSW app and QR code.
Instructions on how to set up the Service NSW App and QR code can be viewed here.
Residential renovations, alterations and additions
All renovations or other works at a place of residence to make alterations or additions are not allowed unless they are necessary for the safety or security of the site.
This means that the site of any existing renovations can be made safe and secure, but then all work must stop.
Mask rules in Greater Sydney
Masks must be worn in non-residential indoor areas, this includes construction sites, except when a facemask creates a safety issue.
We’re here to help, so reach out if there’s anything you need. You can contact us on 1800 954 702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.