NSW COVID update: Change of restrictions on-site
It has recently been announced by the NSW government that the current restrictions on the number of workers allowed on site are set to ease.
Currently, the number of workers on unoccupied construction sites in Greater Sydney is limited to the lesser of 1 person per 4 square meters or 50% of the maximum daily workforce.
From 27 September
- Occupied construction sites can have 1 person per 4 square meters
- The 50% limit will be removed in Greater Sydney as well as the LGAs of concern
- There are no mandated vaccine requirements for workers from Greater Sydney (excluding LGAs of concern)
- Workers from LGAs of concern must continue to meet the vaccine requirements
From 21 September
You can remove the 50% limit early if everyone onsite (regardless of where they live) meet the following vaccine requirements
- 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, or
- 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at least 21 days ago, or
- 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine less than 21 days ago, and been tested for COVID-19 within the last 72 hours, or
- a certified medical exemption and been tested for COVID-19 within the last 72 hours
HazardCo scan-in experience updated to ask if vaccination requirements are met
When your workers scan into site using the HazardCo app, they are asked a number of Covid-19 related questions such as if they have been to an exposure site or have flu-like symptoms.
They will now also be asked to confirm “I meet all local vaccination requirements and declare my evidence (if required) to be valid at the time of submission.” Please make sure your workers are up to speed with the latest vaccination requirements so they correctly answer this question at scan in.
Remember to update your Covid-19 Safety Plan
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our advisory team if you would like further information on the Covid-19 restrictions and how they impact you. Give us a call on 1800 954 702 or email email@example.com.