Melbourne lockdown changes
The Victorian Government has announced a 7 day extension to the existing lockdown that commenced on midnight, Thursday 15th of July. The current extension is now in place until midnight Tuesday 27th July.
These restrictions will be reviewed daily by the State Government
Information for all of Victoria Melbourne:
- Building and construction is considered an essential service and remains open for business.
- Masks are required to be worn both indoors and outdoors unless you are working alone.
- There is a 5km limit on travel from your home. That means the only reasons to go further than 5km will be for work, education, caregiving, getting necessary goods (if they cannot be accessed closer than 5km), or getting a vaccination.
- Scanning the Victorian Government QR code and having an up to date Covid Safe Plan is mandatory. Remember to scan in using the Service Victoria App for contact tracing purposes and the HazardCo App for your worksite health and safety needs.
- Construction can continue if the premise is a new build or is unoccupied.
- If the premise is occupied, works can commence under the following conditions –
- Service provide has an ABN
- Service is provided by 5 or less people
- Works occur outdoors
- Maintaining of physical distancing at all times
For any further detail regarding the construction sector please refer to the Victorian Government website – Covid Construction FAQ’s
It’s important to us that you’re safe and understand the restrictions in place, so get in touch if you’d like to chat, you can give us a call on 1800 954 702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.