From 11.59pm on Thursday 9th September, the lockdown will ease in regional Victoria. However, the current restrictions that apply to the residential building industry will remain in place.
If working on a building site, the number of workers permitted on-site at any time will continue to apply, and maintenance and renovations of occupied homes can’t take place.
See a full list of the current restrictions here.
Golden rules to stop the spread
- Limit the number of workers on-site at any one time to:
- 5 workers plus a supervisor on small-scale construction sites; and
- 25 percent of workers on large-scale construction sites
- A trade specialist can visit just 3 sites per week
- Everyone must scan into the site using the Service Victoria App to assist with contact tracing as well as the HazardCo App for health and safety tracking
- Ensure you have a CovidSafe Plan and everyone on site understands how to operate
- Do not come to work if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms
- Maintain 1.5m physical distance
- Stagger breaks and hold meetings outside
- Avoid interactions in enclosed spaces
- Keep doors and windows open to create airflow
- Clean and disinfect high touch areas
Remind your crew how to stay safe on-site with a Covid-19 safety board
Purchase a Covid-19 safety board for your site fence here – $35 gst exclusive.
We’re here to support you, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with our advisory team if you would like further information on the Covid-19 restrictions and how they impact you. Give us a call on 1800 954 702 or email email@example.com.