The Vic govt has announced new restrictions for the construction industry to help reduce the spread of Covid-19.
It’s important to us that you’re safe and understand the restrictions in place, so get in touch if you have any questions.
Construction restrictions in Metropolitan Melbourne
- Construction remains open
- Everyone on-site must have a permit, certified by their employer from 11.59pm on Tuesday. Get your permit.
Small scale construction sites:
- Limit movement between sites. Supervisors can move between sites and specialist contractors can move between up to three sites per week.
- Up to five people plus a supervisor on-site at any time.
- One worker per four m2 of enclosed workspace.
Early-stage residential land development sites:
- Up to 10 workers per hectare.
Maintenance on occupied homes can only continue if:
- It’s essential for the continued operation of essential infrastructure and services that are required for human health, safety, and wellbeing.
- Critical repairs to any premises where required for emergency or safety.
- Electricity, gas, water, sewage and waste and recycling services and their maintenance. This includes services to ensure solar or battery supply at off-grid premises.
- Workers must avoid contact with residents.
- If the work is performed solo and outdoors, non-essential repairs, maintenance, installations and other building works can continue.
- Note, an apartment is only considered unoccupied where all apartments in the building are empty.
Maintenance on unoccupied homes:
- If the home is unoccupied then renovations can continue, following the rules for small scale construction restrictions.
Construction restrictions in regional Victoria
- All indoor and outdoor construction and renovation work can continue at occupied and unoccupied premises.
- Office-based work is capped at 25 per cent or a maximum of 10 people, whichever is greater. You can have a maximum of one person per four square metres in shared spaces and public areas.
Covid-safe regulations for all construction in Victoria
- Face masks continue to be mandatory both inside and outside.
- Minimise car-pooling to and from work, except in limited circumstances.
- Remember, you must have a COVIDSafe plan in place, you can access the template here and must use the Victorian government QR code to scan in and out of site.
- Maximise ventilation wherever possible, such as opening windows and doors.
- Clean high-touch services twice a day.
- If you become aware of a known case of covid-19 at your workplace, give us a call and we will walk you through the next steps.